Actica are currently accepting applications for the role of Graduate Consultant.
|Location:||UK Clients sites – Predominantly along the M4 corridor|
|Job Type:||Full Time, Permanent|
|Industries:||UK Public Sector and Defence|
|Salary:||£26,000.00 – £30,000.00 + Biannual Bonus (Biannual Pay Review)|
|Switches to annual pay review at Principal Consultant grade and above.|
|Holiday:||25 Days Annual Leave + Public Holiday|
The role will provide a fantastic springboard into a consulting career with client engagement and project work the norm from the start. You will gain experience in a manner that will provide the right level of support to ease the transition from an academic environment, whilst enabling you to make a contribution at an early stage.
You will provide consultancy to public sector and defence organisations to help them get maximum benefit from their ICT investments and business change requirements. The range in clients and project work ensures that you will gain exposure to a variety of technical and business challenges in a short space of time.
Areas of work
Overtime you will be encouraged to hone your skills and take on responsibilities in areas such as:
- Cyber Security and Information Risk Assurance
- Technical, Enterprise or Security Architecture
- Operational Analysis
- Strategy Development
- Management Consulting
You will typically work on the client’s site co-located with other project members, who may include the client’s own staff, Actica team members and other suppliers.
Due to the nature of customer side working, regular travel within the UK should be expected. The base office is in Guildford but you should expect to spend the majority of your time working on client sites.
We will provide you with the opportunity to further your career in consulting, specialising in the application of a broad range of methodologies and technical specialisations to a wide range of business problems. We provide substantial training, including online, classroom and in-house course provision, leading to nationally recognised qualifications in relation to specialisms such as Project Management, Agile, Service Management, Enterprise Architecture, Security Assurance, Security Architecture, Governance, and Technology Procurement. We provide structured career development pathways to help you gain responsibility and influence.
Working as part of a larger Actica team, you will undertake a number of consultancy assignments that could include:
- Developing strategies for future delivery of ICT services;
- Supporting large ICT procurements, including developing procurement documentation, and evaluation strategies and evaluating bids;
- Providing technical assurance that proposed solutions are fit for purpose;
- Explaining to risk owners and other stakeholders the causes, likelihood and potential business impacts of information risks throughout the information system lifecycle.
Qualifications and Experience
Actica are looking for candidates with excellent problem solving skills and an interest in technology. We pride ourselves on giving high calibre candidates the chance to shine and so ambition, independence and willingness to learn are essential. Our position as a client side advisor means that you will also need to demonstrate strong influencing and personal skills. The fast moving nature of the ICT environment requires the individual to be intellectually agile, proactive and self-motivated – with the ability to apply a structured approach to often unfamiliar subject matter.
Candidates must have:
- Strong A levels, ideally at A or A* in at least one STEM subject;
- A Masters with a 1st in a numerate degree;
We particularly welcome applications from candidates studying for a Doctorate.
It is preferable that you have at least two of the following:
- The ability to present and justify conclusions to project teams and stakeholders;
- Prior work experience gained in a technical and / or consulting environment;
- A willingness to take on new and unfamiliar subject matter;
- The ability to build and maintain strong working relations with stakeholders;
- Proven abilities in communicating and delivering to stakeholder expectations and requirements.
Because of the nature of the Actica’s business, a wide and varied background is preferable and the demonstrable capability to adapt quickly to new developments is always required.
Candidates must be eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance to apply for this position.APPLY TO US