Actica is currently recruiting for the role of Business Consultant.
|Location:||UK client’s sites – Predominantly along the M4 corridor|
|Job Type:||Full Time, Permanent|
|Industries:||UK Public Sector / Defence / National Security / Private Sector|
|Grade/s:||Consultant / Senior Consultant / Principal Consultant|
|Salary:||Negotiable + Biannual Bonus (Biannual Pay Review)|
|Switches to annual pay review at Principal Consultant grade and above.|
|Holiday:||25 Days Annual Leave + Public Holidays|
The Business Consultant role provides you with the opportunity to support a wide range of UK public sector, Defence, National Security and private sector organisations. Your help will enable them to optimise their business processes, plan effectively for the future, secure benefits from programme and project delivery and maximise their return on investments in technology and facilities.
With expertise in the provision of high-value strategic advice, business analysis, business change/ transformation, systems engineering, requirements management, and options analysis and architectures, you will be supported by colleagues who specialise in technical architectures, technology delivery and security. You will also provide authoritative advice on the likely business implications of investments in technology, facilities and organisational change and routes to exploit these.
Your level of experience will determine the amount of responsibility given to you, as a result the role may require you to lead assignments and be responsible for supervising direct reports whilst ensuring the overall success of the engagement. You will be involved in the production of high quality, formal deliverables and will review formal deliverables developed by others. Our position as a client side advisor means that this role requires significant stakeholder engagement, dealing directly with the client, including in resolving day-to-day issues involved in assignment delivery and developing follow-on opportunities. Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills are essential!
You will typically work on the client’s site co-located with other project team members, who may include the client’s own staff, Actica colleagues and other suppliers.
Due to the nature of client-side working, regular travel within the UK should be expected. The base office is in Guildford but you should expect to spend the majority of your time working on client sites.
We will provide you with the opportunity to further your career in consulting, enabling you to apply a broad range of methodologies to a wide range of business problems. We provide substantial training, including online, classroom and in-house course provision, leading to nationally recognised qualifications in relation to specialisms such as Programme and Project Management; Business Change / Transformation; Agile Delivery and Procurement; Security Assurance; Governance, and; Technology Procurement. We provide structured career development pathways to help you gain responsibility and influence.
Working either individually or as part of a larger Actica team, you will undertake a number of consultancy assignments that could include:
- Developing strategies for future delivery of services to meet the client’s business needs, in accordance with their wider business strategies;
- Supporting large technology procurements and investments in new facilities, including developing procurement documentation and evaluation strategies and evaluating bids;
- Defining and managing benefits, benefits measures and Management Information, to allow clients to track return on investment in business and financial terms;
- Producing User and Service Requirements Documentation;
- Delivering concept phase, options analysis and investment appraisal products, including cost models;
- Providing client-side assurance that proposed technical solutions to business problems are fit for purpose;
- Acting as Product Owner / Lead User on behalf of clients – providing suppliers with an authoritative business view;
- Delivering business change / transformation products, including stakeholder engagement management plans; communication plans and products; training needs analyses and training packages.
Over time you may be given the opportunity to specialise and take on more responsibility in a particular area of business expertise, or to extend your skillset into more technical areas.
Qualifications and Experience
Experience within the UK Public Sector is desirable, preferably within business areas, programmes or projects with a direct link to technology. Experience of ‘high security’ environments which demand integrity and confidentiality is also desirable. The fast moving nature of many client businesses, together with the need to resource multiple, ad-hoc assignments, will also require you to be intellectually agile, proactive and self-motivated – with the ability to apply a structured approach to often unfamiliar subject matter.
It is essential that you have experience in the application of at least two of the following methods and standards in use within our customer base; additional experience in other elements would be highly desirable:
- Business or systems analysis methods and tools, e.g. BPMN, UML;
- Agile and Lean standards, methodologies and approaches, e.g. Scrum, Kanban, GDS Service Manual;
- Information security policy standards e.g. ISO27001 / ISO27002, Cyber Essentials, MOD Cyber Vulnerability Investigations (CVI);
- Programme and Project Management methods e.g. MSP, PRINCE2, DSDM, Scaled Agile Framework;
- Public sector best practice guidance, e.g. ITIL, OGC toolkit;
- Standard methodologies for:
- Requirements capture and analysis;
- Feasibility studies and business case development;
- Cost modelling and investment appraisal;
- Training Needs Analysis;
- Procurement and Contracting Strategies
Preference is given to candidates with a degree (2.1 or above) in a formal academic subject that required rigorous study. Candidates with further degrees (e.g. MA, MBA, PhD) are very welcome. Above all, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering value to clients by solving complex business problems.
Candidates must be eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance to apply for this position.APPLY TO US