Copyright © 2018 by Actica Consulting Limited.
Images copyright © 2018 by their original creators or owners.
Downloading, republication, retransmission, reproduction
or other use of any images as stand-alone files is prohibited.
Registered in England Number: 3396854
VAT Number: 997 3019 78
This privacy notice applies between you, the User of this Website and Actica Consulting Limited, the owner and provider of this Website. Actica Consulting Limited takes the privacy of your information very seriously. This privacy notice applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us or provided by you in relation to your use of the Website.
Please read this privacy notice carefully.
Definitions and interpretation
- In this privacy notice, the following definitions are used:
|Data||Collectively all information that you submit to Actica Consulting Limited via the Website or directly by email. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Data Protection Laws||Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;|
|GDPR||The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Actica Consulting Limited, or us||Actica Consulting Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 03396854 whose registered office is at 4 Stirling Road, Surrey Research Park, Surrey, GU2 7RF;|
|User or you||Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Actica Consulting Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Actica Consulting Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||The website that you are currently using, www.actica.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- In this privacy notice, unless the context requires a different interpretation:
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- references to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices are to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices of this privacy notice;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- the headings and sub-headings do not form part of this privacy notice.
Scope of this privacy notice
- This privacy notice applies only to the actions of Actica Consulting Limited and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Actica Consulting Limited is the “data controller”. This means that Actica Consulting Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you.
Data that is given to us by you
- Actica Consulting Limited will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
in each case, collection will be in accordance with this privacy notice.
Data that is collected automatically
- We do not collect your Data automatically.
Our use of Data
- Any or all Data collected when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- to provide our services to you in the capacity of a potential employer or customer;
in each case, use will be in accordance with this privacy notice.
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
Who we share Data with
- We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – for the purposes of CV screening and the recruitment process;
- third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data – to enable the relevant security screening associated with any role applied for;
- customers and customer support organisations.
in each case, in accordance with this privacy notice.
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- We are certified to ISO 27001. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach.
- If you suspect any misuse, loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: DPO@actica.co.uk
- Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Data on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice or until you request that the Data be deleted.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
- To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: DPO@actica.co.uk.
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/ .
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
- This Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. We have no control over such websites and are not responsible for the content of these websites. This privacy notice does not extend to your use of such websites. You are advised to read the privacy notice or statement of other websites prior to using them.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under this privacy notice to any other person. We may transfer our rights under this privacy notice where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of this privacy notice (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this privacy notice will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Changes to this privacy notice
- Actica Consulting Limited reserves the right to change this privacy notice as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the privacy notice on your first use of the Website following the alterations.You may contact Actica Consulting Limited by email at DPO@actica.co.uk.
- This privacy notice was created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).
31 January 2019