Actica provides a complete range of independent consultancy services both to Ministry of Defence (MOD) clients and to other Defence organisations.
We have a deep understanding of the MOD’s Acquisition Operating Framework (AOF) and its applicability, the risks and issues that complex procurements face, and of the best ways to ensure a smooth procurement process. With our services available through FATS/4, we are able to provide high quality, easily accessible and cost-effective advice to MOD clients throughout all stages of the project lifecycle.
We provide wide-ranging support to a variety of Defence Change Programmes, Equipment Programmes and Research Programmes, with projects covering:
- Development of knowledge management and information strategies, to provide a robust framework within which IT investment decisions can be made.
- Production of Initial Gate and Main Gate business cases, including Concepts of Analysis, COEIA assessments, Whole Life Costing, Benefits Assessment, Risk Assessment and Operational Analysis Supporting Papers (OASPs), and ensuring a smooth staffing process through the scrutiny community and the IAC.
- Production and review of User Requirements Documents (URDs) and System/Service Requirements Documents (SRDs) in line with AOF guidance and commercial best practice.
- Project and Programme Management, through our PRINCE and MSP qualified consultants.
- Independent evaluation and technical assurance of supplier tender responses, to provide confidence that the solutions will deliver the benefits forecast.
- Development of security policies, strategies and architectures to provide e-based services and inter-departmental information transfer.