Actica are currently accepting applications for the role of Graduate Cyber Security Consultant.
|Location:||UK Clients sites – Predominantly along the M4 corridor|
|Job Type:||Full Time, Permanent|
|Industries:||UK Public Sector and Defence|
|Salary:||£24,000.00 – £30,000.00 + Biannual Bonus (Biannual Pay Review)|
|Switches to annual pay review at Principal Consultant grade and above.|
|Holiday:||25 Days Annual Leave + Public Holidays|
The role will provide a fantastic springboard into a consulting career with client engagement and project work the norm from the start. You will gain experience in a manner that will provide the right level of support to ease the transition from an academic environment, whilst enabling you to make a contribution at an early stage.
You will provide consultancy to public sector and defence organisations. The range in clients and project work ensures that you will gain exposure to a variety of technical and business challenges in a short space of time.
The Graduate Cyber Security Consultant will work as part of a larger Actica team and overtime may find themselves providing advice and guidance on:
- The definition of security requirements and the options available to projects for meeting these requirements,
- Information assurance (IA) topics,
- The development of IA strategies and policies,
- The delivery of security work programmes,
- The secure development and accreditation of information systems.
You will typically work on the client’s site co-located with other project members, who may include the client’s own staff, Actica team members and other suppliers.
Due to the nature of customer side working, regular travel within the UK should be expected. The base office is in Guildford but you should expect to spend the majority of your time working on client sites.
We will provide you with the opportunity to further your career in consulting, specialising in the application of a broad range of methodologies and technical specialisations to a wide range of business problems. We provide substantial training, including online, classroom and in-house course provision, leading to nationally recognised qualifications in relation to specialisms such as Project Management, Agile, Service Management, Enterprise Architecture, Security Assurance, Security Architecture, Governance, and Technology Procurement. We provide structured career development pathways to help you gain responsibility and influence.
Working as part of a larger Actica team, you will undertake a number of consultancy assignments that could include:
- Providing technical assurance that proposed solutions are fit for purpose;
- Developing new architectures that mitigate the risks posed by new technologies and business practices;
- Providing consultancy and advice to customers on Information Assurance and architectural problems;
- Identifying, analysing and evaluating information risks;
- Identifying and presenting options for treating or transferring information risks;
- Authoring and/or supporting the development of Risk Management Accreditation Document Sets (RMADS) in accordance with IS1 & IS2;
- Scoping security testing activities, and explaining the findings and required remedial actions to project stakeholders;
- Investigating security incidents;
- Promoting security awareness within project teams, and within the company.
Qualifications and Experience
Actica are looking for candidates with excellent problem solving skills and familiarity gained through their studies with the HMG Security Policy Framework (SPF) and the NCSC Information Assurance Portfolio, IA Standards, Good Practice Guides, Architecture Patterns, etc..
We pride ourselves on giving high calibre candidates the chance to shine and so ambition, independence and willingness to learn are essential. Our position as a client side advisor means that you will also need to demonstrate strong influencing and personal skills, alongside the ability to articulate complex subject matter in a clear and considered manner.
The fast moving nature of the ICT environment requires the individual to be intellectually agile, proactive and self-motivated – with the ability to apply a structured approach to often unfamiliar subject matter.
Candidates must have:
- Strong A levels, ideally at A or A* in at least one STEM subject;
- A 2.1 or higher in a GCHQ certified Information / Cyber / Systems Security degree;
- A good understanding of enterprise information and communications technology;
- Proven abilities in communicating and delivering to stakeholder expectations and requirements.
We also welcome applications from candidates studying for a Doctorate, and those with existing industry experience within the Technical Consultancy sector.
Because of the nature of the Actica’s business, a wide and varied background is preferable and the demonstrable capability to adapt quickly to new developments is always required.
Candidates must be eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance to apply for this position.
APPLY TO US