Actica are currently accepting applications for the role of Graduate Cyber Security Consultant.
|Location:||UK Clients sites – Guildford Base Office|
|Job Type:||Full Time, Permanent|
|Industries:||UK Public Sector and Defence|
|Salary:||£26,000.00 – £30,000.00 + Biannual Bonus (Biannual Pay Review)|
|Switches to annual pay review at Principal Consultant grade and above.|
|Holiday:||25 Days Annual Leave + Public Holidays|
We will provide you with a fantastic springboard into a consulting career with client engagement and project work the norm from the start. You will gain experience in a manner that will provide the right level of support to ease the transition from an academic environment, whilst enabling you to make a positive contribution at an early stage.
Your position as an information and communications technology (ICT) consultant will provide you with a unique opportunity to provide valued advice to public sector and defence organisations. You will help them achieve significant benefit from their IT investments and business change requirements. The range of clients and project work ensures that you will gain exposure to a wide variety of technical and business challenges in a short space of time.
You will work as part of a larger Actica team and overtime may find yourself providing advice and guidance on:
- The definition of security requirements and the options available for meeting these requirements;
- Information assurance (IA) topics;
- The development of IA strategies and policies;
- The delivery of security work programmes;
- The secure development and accreditation of information systems.
You will typically work on client sites, co-located with other project members, including client staff, Actica colleagues and other suppliers.
Due to the nature of client side working, regular travel within the UK should be expected. The base office is in Guildford, but it is likely that you will spend the majority of your time working with clients at their sites.
You will be given the opportunity to further your career in consulting, specialising in the application of a broad range of methodologies and technical specialisations to a wide range of business problems.
A career mentor will be on hand to provide support and guidance throughout your journey with Actica. You will also work with a performance and development manager who will conduct six monthly reviews to set career objectives and identify training courses which are both relevant to your current project work, and aligned with your planned career progression.
We provide substantial training, including online, classroom and in-house course provision, leading to nationally recognised qualifications in relation to specialisms such as Security Assurance, Security Architecture, Governance, Project Management, Agile, Service Management, Enterprise Architecture, and Technology Procurement.
Working as part of an Actica team, your consultancy assignments could include:
- Providing technical assurance that proposed solutions are fit for purpose;
- Developing new architectures that mitigate the risks posed by new technologies and business practices;
- Providing advice to customers on information assurance and architectural problems and risks;
- Supporting the development of Risk Management Accreditation Document Sets (RMADS);
- Scoping security testing activities, and explaining the findings and required remedial actions to project stakeholders;
- Investigating security incidents;
- Promoting security awareness within project teams, and within the company;
Qualifications and Experience
Actica is looking for candidates with excellent problem-solving skills and an interest in technology. We pride ourselves on giving high calibre consultants the chance to excel. You will be motivated, willing to learn and have the ability to work with other consultants and client staff or independently. The fast-moving nature of the technology environment requires our consultants to be quick thinkers, proactive and self-motivated – with the ability to apply structured approaches to often unfamiliar subject matter.
We look for candidates with:
- An NCSC certified Information / Cyber / Systems Security masters degree, alongside a good Cyber / STEM based degree;
- An understanding of the use of technology in business and public sector contexts;
- Familiarity gained through studies with the HMG Security Policy Framework (SPF) and the NCSC Information Assurance Portfolio, IA Standards, Good Practice Guides, Architecture Patterns, etc.
You will also benefit from having one or more of:
- The ability to present and justify conclusions to project teams and stakeholders;
- A willingness to take on new and unfamiliar subject matter;
- The ability to build and maintain durable working relations with stakeholders;
- Proven abilities in communicating and delivering to stakeholder expectations and requirements;
- Prior work experience gained in a technical and / or consulting environment.
The nature of the Actica’s business means that a wide and varied background is preferable and the capability to adapt quickly to change is always required.
You may not feel that your skills precisely match the requirements of this job specification; however, we encourage you to apply if this is a role that appeals to you. We require individuals with a broad skillset, so there may be other aspects of your experience which are equally important to us, but that are perhaps not listed in the role specification above.
Actica aims to nurture a diverse workforce through inclusive working practices, promoting equality in our recruitment activities, and by employing candidates on the basis of merit. Discrimination against individuals on the grounds of protected characteristics is not permitted and we take steps to ensure that our staff are made aware of their legal responsibilities when making hiring decisions.
We are keen to improve diversity within our organisation and the industries in which we work, and hope to employ individuals who share that view.
Candidates must be eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance to apply for this position.
To apply, please follow this link, alternatively, follow the instructions on the apply to us page.