Actica is currently recruiting for the role of Systems Administrator.
|Location:||Surrey Research Park – Guildford|
|Job Type:||Full Time, Permanent|
|Industries:||UK Public Sector / Defence / National Security / Private Sector|
|Salary:||Negotiable + Biannual Bonus (Biannual Pay Review)|
|Holiday:||25 Days Annual Leave + Public Holidays|
Actica Consulting is a growing Technology Consultancy that works on some of the most nationally critical technology projects. We specialise in delivering complex projects to limited timescales. Our customers include a wide range of public sector organisations, such as: the Home Office; the Ministry of Defence; HM Treasury; the Ministry of Justice; Police Forces; Fire Services; and, the NHS; as well as a range of national and international companies across the private sector.
The system administrator role is pivotal to the predicted growth of Actica. After substantial investment We are recruiting in order to facilitate continued growth of the business. Working within our IT team you will be part of a team responsible for maintaining and upgrading a range of technologies essential to the running of the company. This will include maintaining services and responding to support requests, as well as the development of new systems and services.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivery of new capability into the Actica environment: Assessment and deployment of applications to secure infrastructure;
- Configuration and integration of secure cloud services;
- Maintenance of company information systems;
- Responding to tickets from Actica staff;
- Working to assess cutting-edge services from IT suppliers;
- Attending relevant IT meetings and providing updates;
- Carrying out monitoring of systems to ensure system health and security;
- Maintenance of Firewall and gateway security policies;
- Responding to security alerts and liaising with System Security Officer on any incidents.
Qualifications and Experience
You will ideally have Computer Science or IT based academics and experience of system administration within a Microsoft environment. You will be proactive, self-motivated, and be able to keep up with the rapid pace of ICT. You will be expected to identify areas for expansion of the current IT services to provide additional benefits to the company.
- Windows Active Directory
- Windows Exchange Server
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019/2022 management
- Networking Fundamentals
- Managing Virtualised Infrastructure
- Communicating skills
- Ability to learn and assess new technologies and integrate with existing systems.
- DNS setup and management
- Group Policy management
- Microsoft Certification Services
- Azure & M365 administration
- Linux fundamentals
- Endpoint security and Firewall (IDPS,AV)
- VPN configuration and management
- Patch deployment
- Ubuntu server management
- Works well in a team and alone
- 3 years working in a technical support role
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your technical skills within our IT team.
You will have the opportunity to explore new technologies in a development environment and integrate them into existing systems.
You will be supported in your role and ongoing development by systems administrators with many years’ experience of delivering complex highly secure systems for government.
We provide relevant training, including online, classroom and in-house course provision, leading to nationally recognised qualifications.
A career mentor will be on hand to provide support and guidance throughout your journey with Actica. You will also work with a performance and development manager who will conduct six monthly reviews to set career objectives and identify training courses which are both relevant to your current project work, and aligned with your planned career progression.
Actica aims to nurture a diverse workforce through inclusive working practices, promoting equality in our recruitment activities, and by employing candidates on the basis of merit. Discrimination against individuals on the grounds of protected characteristics is not permitted and we take steps to ensure that our staff are made aware of their legal responsibilities when making hiring decisions.
We are keen to improve diversity within our organisation and the industries in which we work, and hope to employ individuals who share that view.
Candidates must be eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance to apply for this position.