|Location:||UK Clients sites - Predominantly along the M4 corridor|
|Job Type:||Full Time, Permanent|
|Industries:||UK Public Sector and Defence|
|Grade/s:||Consultant / Senior Consultant / Principal Consultant|
|Salary:||Negotiable + Biannual Bonus (Biannual Pay Review)|
|Switches to annual pay review at Principal Consultant grade and above.|
|Holiday:||25 Days Annual Leave + Public Holidays|
You will provide consultancy to UK public sector and defence organisations to help them get maximum benefit from their ICT investment. You will have expertise in the architectures, technologies and operational processes required. You will be supported by others, and may also find yourself providing, high-value strategy, business analysis and procurement consultancy to ensure any solution aligns with the business objectives. You will also be expected to provide authoritative advice on likely future technology developments and routes to exploit these.
Your level of experience will determine the amount or responsibility given to you, as a result the role may require you to lead assignments and be responsible for supervising direct reports whilst ensuring the overall success of the engagement. You will be involved in the production of high quality, formal deliverables and will review formal deliverables developed by others. Our position as a client side advisor means that this role requires significant stakeholder engagement, dealing directly with the client, including in resolving day-day issues involved in assignment delivery and developing follow-on opportunities, so excellent interpersonal and influencing skills are essential.
You will typically work on the client’s site co-located with other project members, who may include the client’s own staff, Actica team members and other suppliers. Due to the nature of customer side working, regular travel within the UK should be expected.
You will have the opportunity to build a career in consulting, specialising in the application of a broad range of methodologies and technical specialisations to a wide range of business problems. We provide substantial training, including online, classroom and in-house course provision, leading to nationally recognised qualifications in relation to specialisms such as Project Management, Agile, Service Management, Enterprise Architecture, Security Assurance, Security Architecture, Governance, and Technology Procurement. We provide structured career development pathways to help you gain responsibility and influence.
Working either individually or as part of a larger Actica team, you will undertake a number of consultancy assignments that could include:
- Developing strategies for future delivery of ICT services to meet the client’s business needs and in accordance with the Government’s ICT and other strategies;
- Defining end-to-end architectures including Business, Information, Application and Technical views;
- Production of User and Service Requirements Documentation;
- Delivery of key Concept and Assessment Phase products, including potentially the CONEMP, CONUSE, and Cost Models;
- Supporting large ICT procurements, including developing procurement documentation, and evaluation strategies and evaluating bids;
- Providing technical assurance that proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
Overtime you may be given the opportunity to specialise and take on more responsibility in areas such as: Cyber Security, Enterprise Architecture, Technical Architecture, Service Management, and Business Change.
Qualifications and Experience
Experience within the Defence Enterprise and /or UK Public Sector is desirable, preferably within the ICT context on enterprise solutions. The fast moving nature of the ICT environment together with the need to resource multiple, ad-hoc assignments also requires the individual to be intellectually agile, proactive and self-motivated – with the ability to apply a structured approach to often unfamiliar subject matter.
It is essential that the candidate have experience in the application of at least two of the following methods and standards in use within our customer base, additional experience in other elements would be highly desirable:
- Programme and Project Management methods using Agile and traditional approaches (e.g. MSP, PRINCE2, APMP);
- Business or systems analysis methods and tools, e.g. BPMN, Lean, RUP, UML, TOGAF, etc;
- Software development methods and techniques;
- Central government information security policy standards / ISO17799;
- Public sector best practice guidance, e.g. ITIL, OGC toolkit;
- Business case development to Treasury guidelines;
- IT Service Management (ITIL V3 Intermediate or above);
- Standard methodologies for:
- Requirements capture and analysis;
- Feasibility studies and business case development;
- Information systems security;
- Cost modelling and investment appraisal;
- Systems integration and testing;
- User and System / Service Requirements;
- Benefits Analysis;
- Procurement and Contracting Strategies.
It is desirable that candidates have experience of working on ICT based projects within the public and / or defence sectors.
Preference is given to candidates with a STEM based degree (2.1 or above);
Because of the nature of the Actica’s business, a wide and varied background is preferable and the demonstrable capability to adapt quickly to new developments is always required.
Candidates must be eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance to apply for this position.