|Location:||UK Clients sites - Predominantly along the M4 corridor|
|Job Type:||Full Time, Permanent|
|Industries:||UK Public Sector and Defence|
|Grade/s:||Consultant / Senior Consultant / Principal Consultant|
|Salary:||Negotiable + Biannual Bonus (Biannual Pay Review)|
|Switches to annual pay review at Principal Consultant grade and above.|
|Holiday:||25 Days Annual Leave + Public Holidays|
You will provide consultancy to public sector organisations to help them get maximum benefit from their ICT investment. As an Enterprise Architect you will have expertise in analysing and developing architectures at the Enterprise level and will have an understanding of the technologies and operational processes required to achieve this. You will be supported by others providing, and may also find yourself providing, high-value strategy, business analysis, technology and procurement consultancy to ensure any solution aligns with the business objectives across the capability requirement.
The role will require you to lead assignments, often responsible for managing small teams and for directly delivering consultancy, ensuring the overall success of the engagement. The role involves producing high quality, formal deliverables and reviewing formal deliverables developed by others. This role requires significant stakeholder engagement, dealing directly with the client, including in resolving day-to-day issues involved in assignment delivery and developing follow-on opportunities.
You will typically work on the client’s site co-located with other project members, who may include the client’s own staff, Actica team members and other suppliers. Due to the nature of customer side working, regular travel within the UK should be expected.
You will have the opportunity to further your career in consulting, specialising in the application of Enterprise Architecture to a wide range of business problems. We provide substantial training, including online, classroom and in-house course provision, leading to nationally recognised qualifications such as TOGAF, Open CA and Zachman certifications. We provide structured career development pathways to help you gain responsibility and influence.
Working either individually or as part of a larger Actica team, you will undertake a number of consultancy assignments that could include:
- Provide EA leadership to a client to help mature the organisation's architecture governance and develop best practice;
- Develop and review strategies and target architectures to support future delivery of ICS services to meet the client’s business needs and in accordance with the Government’s ICS and other strategies;
- Develop and review baseline and transition architectures to support the client's migration planning of ICS services within their overall business change programme;
- Develop architecture views to describe all aspects of a client's organisation including its Business, Information, Data and Technology.
Overtime you may be given the opportunity to specialise and take on more responsibility in areas such as: Cyber Security, Enterprise Architecture, Technical Architecture, Service Management, and Business Change.
Qualifications and Experience
Experience within the UK Public Sector is desirable, preferably within the ICT context on enterprise solutions. Our position as a client side advisor means that strong influencing and personal skills are essential. The fast moving nature of the ICT environment together with the need to resource multiple, ad-hoc assignments also requires the individual to be intellectually agile, proactive and self-motivated – with the ability to apply a structured approach to often unfamiliar subject matter.
It is essential that the candidate have experience in the application of at least two of the following methods and standards in use within our customer base, additional experience in other elements would be highly desirable:
- EA frameworks and methods e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, Zachman Framework;
- Business or systems analysis methods and tools, e.g. BPMN, Lean, RUP, UML, TOGAF;
- Software and systems development methods and techniques;
- Project and programme management methods e.g. PRINCE2, MSP;
- Central government information security policy standards / ISO17799;
- Public sector best practice guidance, e.g. ITIL, OGC toolkit;
- Business case development to Treasury guidelines.
It is desirable that candidates have experience of working on ICT based projects within the public and / or defence sectors.
Preference is given to candidates with a STEM based degree (2.1 or above);
Because of the nature of the Actica’s business, a wide and varied background is preferable and the demonstrable capability to adapt quickly to new developments is always required.
Candidates must be eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance to apply for this position.