Whilst our permanent staff have a broad knowledge of technology and business in our chosen markets, we often need to engage consultants with particular skills for a specific assignment. We maintain a database of Associates who are invited to join our team for a period while retaining their independence and flexibility.
What We Look For
We are always looking to extend our capability and availability by increasing the number of Associates available to Actica and our clients. As well as significant general ICT knowledge, Associates often specialise in one or more of the areas listed below.
- Fixed and mobile communications, including satellite communications
- Intranet, Extranet and Internet design
- Messaging systems
- Security (including active security, firewalls, IDS, public key cryptography)
- Community Security Policy, ISO17799/BS7799, Government Protective Marking Scheme
- Command and Control systems
- Supply chain/asset management
- Electronic commerce
- E-Government technologies
- Call Centres
- Workflow applications
- Document Image Processing
Consultants with specific knowledge in the key standards and techniques used within our client organisations are particularly welcome to apply. Working largely in the public sector, we need Associates who are familiar, for example, with OGC best practice, MSP, PRINCE2, SSM, SSADM, OMT and UML, and DSDM.
Much of our consultancy continues to be delivered to central government agencies, with an increasing number of assignments for local government, criminal justice and finance sectors. Associates with strong technical capabilities, experience of working with government and defence clients, and complementary market business knowledge are often required.